An insight into the role of the nominated team EQIP Champion.
EQIP champion team role
Each team have the opportunity to nominate an EQIP champion. This person motivates the team between learning sessions, reports on progress to the trainers, represents their team at monthly support calls, updates the facilitator on their team’s progress and uses additional advice or encouragement.
Monthly progress reports and calls
- 1 hr monthly lunch time support calls with EQIP champions with QI trainer.
- Teams will need to fill in their progress report and submit a week before your monthly call to email@example.com. Teams will be sent the form or can download it via the website.
- On the call: Champions will provide a 5 min summary of the teams progress on the following:
- Your tests of change what you tested and what CHANGED
- What were your results
- Describe one success and challenge
- Next steps
- If your team EQIP champion cannot make the monthly call, please ensure a member of your team can attend in their place.
Feedback from the QI trainer will be provided on the call for each team. Other champions on the call are encourage to help share solutions to any challenges discussed and praise team achievements.
1:1 team coaching
- 30 min 1:1 team meeting once every two months with project team, each team champion will be contacted to arrange a date and time that is suitable for the whole team to attend.
- Teams will be asked to summarise the following within the meeting:
- Project aim and objective
- Team building challenges, successes
- Describe your project successes and barriers so far
- Next steps
Feedback from the QI trainer will be provided.