Publication of the 2021 Combined Clinical and Organisation Audit Report out now
The Epilepsy12 2021 Combined Clinical and Organisation Audit Report has been published on 8 July 2021.
The RCPCH Epilepsy12 team are pleased to announce the publication of the latest Epilepsy12 report and detailed results, drawing from the data you submitted for clinical cohort 2 and the 2020 organisational audit.
The report represents findings from over 100 services and over 6000 children and young people; providing insights into paediatric epilepsy care that would not be possible without all your hard work and the continued support of the audit, often in extremely challenging conditions.
The report highlights areas of strength, including increased involvement of specialists and an increase joint working with adult services during transitions. The reports recommendations focus on areas for improvement such as need for increased commissioning of paediatric neurology and co-located mental health provision; ensuring all children have comprehensive care planning, and access to epilepsy surgery services.
The report presents examples of quality improvement activities from the
- Epilepsy Youth Advocates,
- Worcester Acute Hospitals Trust.
The report and results are available online at the Epilepsy12 website.
Available to download are:
- National report with key findings, recommendations, and quality improvement case studies,
- Appendices A and B with full detailed reporting of clinical and organisational audit measures at national and regional levels,
- Results datasets for further information at Trust and Health Board level.