Introduction to your QI Journey
A very warm welcome to the RCPCH Epilepsy Quality Improvement Programme (EQIP) QI Collaborative. We are very excited to have you on board to help us to continue to transform the national treatment outcomes for children with epilepsy.
This eight-month collaborative begins with a planned initial face-to-face training taking place in the east midlands with monthly lunch time sessions and follow-up support. These follow the ‘breakthrough collaborative’ approach where each learning event builds skills and provides planning opportunities that are used and developed during the action periods in between.
On this page you will find content on:
- Initial programme launch introduction slides and videos.
- Monthly support call schedule and progress report download
- Training schedule for the entire programme
- Programme resource book with programme information and starter guide on the course
By working in a ‘collaborative’ each individual and team can share, learn (with and from others) and more rapidly improve their service and its performance. In the course of this programme, you will:
- Gain a comprehensive set of QI skills
- Follow a tailored programme of support and guidance, enabling you to use your own experience and that of others
- Gain new approaches to making change that will be just as applicable in other areas of practice as well as epilepsy
- Become part of a learning network able to drive improvement and in due course support others to do the same
Your participation in this programme means you are paving the way for a new approach to organising and delivering care with patients in a systematic, team-oriented and sustainable way.
The programme will focus on training individuals to work towards becoming high performing teams:
- Learn tools and techniques to help uncover service gaps
- Overcome barriers by reviewing local and national data
- Find new ways to co-design service processes with service users
- Influence a change in culture that embeds QI from the outset
This programme will cover the following training sessions:
- Team building
- Understanding QI principles
- Patient centred care
- The use of data
- Overcoming challenges and barriers
- Integrated care and building sustainability
Training sessions etiquette for all EQIP teams:
- We need you full attention when attending all virtual training sessions and support calls/meetings to enjoy this exciting training programme.
- Please mute your mic unless you are speaking when attending the virtual training sessions and support call.
- Please keep your cameras on so we can see your lovely faces unless you are experiencing connectivity issues during all live virtual training sessions.
- Please raise your hand to comment or ask a question or the chat box.
- We foster a safe space and environment during our trainings sessions so please ask as many questions as possible, there is no such thing as a silly answer.
- We want to create a positive space for everyone to feel confident in sharing concerns and finding solutions together where we respect each others opinions within open forums during all virtual training sessions.
Overview of programme recorded content (2021-2022)
Contact the team
- If your team requires additional support from the project team, please email your request via our email: email@example.com or tel: 0207 092 6098